Disadvantaged children growing and learning in a safe and healthy environment


Women Working

The daily work of women in India is not so different from their western sisters. The technology and methods may vary from culture to culture but the general tasks have undoubtedly remained the same for hundreds of generations. Here are glimpses of the age-old responsibilities of wives and mothers in India.

Preparing the evening meal on an outdoor clay stove


Washing the family laundry


Minding the fruit and flower shops


Repairing sandstone floor tiles at an historic fort


Carrying grass home to feed the family milk cows


Planting rice


Fetching water from the village well


Herding goats and cows home at the end of the day


Making coconut brooms with readily available materials


Toting and carrying


Spending a peaceful afternoon at the temple

2 comments:

Ashleigh said...

The cow and goat one is the only job I'm not sure I can relate to...oh wait I teach school. I take that back.

Leslie's Family said...

Thank you so much for your blog. You don't know me but I have been following it for about a year thanks to my friend Tonya. My son is in India on his mission and this is so fun to see what is going on in the country. He is currently in Rajamundry. Thanks again!